If you’re starting or thinking about running a podcast I put together a quick podcast checklist to cover everything you need to know. (or at least think about). A podcast is a FANTASTIC way to consistently create quality content, but there’s a lot more that goes into it than you might think.
Don’t get overwhelmed by this list just see it as a subtle reminder of what you need to take care of before launching your podcast.
Establish your brand
– Who is the audience?
– Go with current business or create new brand for the podcast
– Graphics (1400 x 1400 square)
What’s the format
– Creation schedule. (weekly, biweekly, monthly)
Music and intro
– Music for intro
– Record intro and outro
– Microphone (hand held recorder)
– Skype or call recorder
– Tools to edit podcast with or find someone else to do the editing
– Make episode has the correct Compression / EQ
– mic to use to record
– Media hosting (recommend Libsyn)
– WordPress Website?
– Use the blueberry power press plugin to configure your podcast feed
– How do the show notes look?
– Guest interviews
– Social media
– What are the groups they spend time in?
– Who are the influencers within your target audience?